Wednesday 27 August 2014

193. Saampaati got his wings back!

        After a pause, Saampaati continued "After the great sage left his human body, I prayed homage to his mortal inert body and  then left for my cave. Creeping very slowly for the cave of that mountain I clambered up the Mt. Vindhya and have been looking forward eagerly for your arrival.
       "Many times I thought of committing suicide. But such thoughts were set-aside by me by virtue of the afflatus endowed to me by that sage. And I was pushing aside the anguish and have been clinging to my life.
     "Though I was well aware of the valour of that dirty-minded Ravana, I rebuked my son saying, 'you should have saved Maithili.'
       "I was sad that my son did not effectuate my cherish even on hearing the bewail of Seetha, or at least on hearing that Rama and Lakshmana were separated from Seetha, or at least on knowing my friendship with Dasharatha." 
          All the vanaras then noticed an amazing sight. Both the wings of Saampaati started cropping up before the eyes of those vanaras who were clustering around him. 
        Seeing the amazing look of the vanaras, Saampaati looked down and noticed, with joyous amazement, his body was now covered with newborn reddish-feathered wings. Saampaati, with an incomparable rejoice, told the vanaras "Hi! friends! I feel that I am getting back the valour, vigour and valiance that were prevailing in my youth. You surely will succeed in your endeavour. This event of my regaining wings is an indication that things will augur well for you and me, too."
      On saying thus to all of those vanaras  Saampaati took wing from that mountaintop to ascertain the condition of his kingdom which was without any monarch after the demise of his dear brother Jataayu.
        On hearing that word of Sampaati those vanaras felt happy and have became proactive towards their task.
   Those vanaras having redeemed their certitude, were anxious for action. With a gustily gusto they all waited for the next auspicious as well as opportune time and then journeyed on to the southern direction. All of them felt absolutely confident that they will find Seetha, the daughter of Janaka.
========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment