Tuesday 6 January 2015

217. Ravana entices Seetha.

       Ravana noticed  with ample  satisfaction that Seetha surrounded by his faithful rakshasis looked wretched  and pitiable with no trace of happiness. Our ten-headed villain Ravana who was very confident that this time the beautiful lass Seetha would be very amenable to  his lusty (morbid and lewd  for moralists) suggestion started his enticement condescendingly  "Hi! beautiful! You are with thighs like the trunk of an elephant. Seeing me covering your breasts and belly, you seem to wish to disappear from me due to fear. O wide eyed one! You are bodily endowed with everything desired by any woman, pleasing to all people. I desire you. O lovable one! respect me and accept me.
           "O Seetha! Why are you scared of me? I will not eat you, unless you totally repudiate me. Dispel the thought that it was immoral of me to have abducted you. You must be very well aware that collecting women belonging to others or abducting by force is the righteous deed for rakshashas by all means. It is the way of our lives and is accepted by all. However, I will not touch you with or without lust without your concurrence.
           "O queen of my heart! O love! Believe me. Do not sink yourself in sorrow like this. Single plait, the bed of ground, meditation, dirty cloth, fasting at the drop of a hat  - all these are not going to help you.
          "O Seetha! After becoming mine (i.e. my wife) you will get wonderful garlands, sandals, agallochums, a variety of cloths, the most beautiful ornaments, the best drinks, beds and seats and musical instruments. You are a gem among women. Do not be like this. Make decorations for your limbs. 
            "This your youthful beauty, like the flow of water will run away a few years henceforth, and will not come back again. O one with auspicious appearance! It seems that the creator of forms, that creator of the world, Lord Brahma has made you and stopped. There is no another girl who is equal to your appearance.
                "O Seetha! Seeing you endowed with such beauty and youth, which man even if he is Lord Brahma himself will ignore or disregard you? O one with face like that of moon! O one with broad hips! Your whichever limb I see, my eyes are getting tied in that limb.
                "O Seetha! Become my wife. Shed this ignorance. I have many beautiful wives brought from here and there. Marry me and l will make you my foremost consort. O timid one! Whatever gems have been brought by force or other means, my this kingdom and also myself will belong to you. Conquering the entire earth together with a chain of various cities, I will, for your sake,  give to king Janaka.
               "In this world there is no one who can match me. See my very great power. Suras and Asuras defeated with broken flags by me in war many times are powerless to stand in an army against me. Desire me! Now let your whole body be decorated with beautiful attire and most brilliant ornaments. It will then be a great joy for me to look at you and keep on looking at you with all my twenty eyes.
            "O one with the most beautiful face! O timid one! It would be stupid of you to deny the luxuries together with exquisite decorations offered to you. Drink. Rejoice. You donate land and wealth as you please. Without any inhibition behave freely in my matter. Fearlessly order anything. By my grace with your sporting, tour relatives will also sport. O auspicious one! You see my wealth and my fame.
                 "O beautiful one! What do you expect from that pauper human Rama clad in tatters, with lost hope of victory, with gone fortune. Roaming in forests, observing austerities and also sleeping on floor, I doubt if Rama is alive. O Seetha, Rama indeed will not get opportunity even to see you like moonlight covered by dark clouds with cranes at the front.
                "Like Keerthi got by Hiranyakasipu from Indra's hand, Rama is not capable to get you from my hands. O one with a beautiful smile! O one with beautiful teeth! O one with beautiful eyes! O charmful one! O timid one! You are stealing my heart like a serpent stolen by Garuda.
                "You are Wearing a silk cloth in a bad condition. You are emaciated. Even though you have not decorated, after seeing you I lost interest with all my wives. O Seetha!  have sovereignty on all  my wives. O one with black hair! All my wives and apsarasas who are the best among the three worlds will serve you like the goddess of wealth.
                  "O one with beautiful hips! O one with beautiful eyebrows! Enjoy according to your pleasure whatever gems and wealth belonging to Kubera, all those three worlds and me. O Seetha! Rama is not equal to me by austerity,  might,  strength,  wealth, brilliance or fame.
             "O playful one! I will give hordes of wealth and land. You drink. Roam freely and play. Enjoy luxuries. Sport as you please with me. Your relatives may sport together with you. O timid one! With body decorated with gold and beautiful garlands, roam with me in the forests at the sea shore filled with groups of flowered trees and with bees."
=====================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment